In the last years our company was part of many large scale web application development projects. We’ve become experts in designing complex user interfaces and user interaction schemes. Oftentimes we were approached by software development companies, that have created a gorgeous piece of software, or a complex web app, and were searching for a digital agency to make it look great.
What we offer as front-end experts is not just our creative mojo to make web & mobile apps look pretty. First and foremost, we will make sure the user interaction with the app is fast, simple, and efficient. Even the best software logic may need a fair amount of work to translate into the great user experience. And this is where we come in.
Our principles of UX & UI design are:
- What is not functional is no good. Every application element must exist for a reason and must have a function. No things that exist just because they are pretty are allowed.
- Familiar user patterns. There are things that users expect of your app. People expect button to do something if clicked, a select box act in a certain way, and so on. We eliminate any gap between how the elements look and how they are expected to work.
- Internal consistency. All elements are consistent throughout all parts of application. That includes navigation, element sizes, color terminology, etc.
- High level of standardization. If certain type of information repeats over several screens, or if certain functionality is present, then elements that display the information or do that functional work should be the same, or of the same nature throughout the app.
- Respect for underlying code. We are accustomed to working in complex MVC systems. We’ll know our way around your views and your viewmodels. We also will treat your data-binds with utmost respect and not break any:). If building UI on existing code is not possible, we will suggest work-arounds and search for easiest ways to change things.
Testing is crucial for large scale interfaces. Prowebdesign accumulated a solid set of physical devices for testing. Our standard set of browser and device testing is:
- Google Chrome. Last version.
- FireFox. Last version.
- Safari on Windows 8.1. Last version.
- Opera. Last version.
- IE 11 on Wondows 8.1 & Windows 7.
- IE 10 – emulator, Browserstack.
- IE 9 on Windows Vista (yes, we have a special laptop just for that, back from 2007:)).
- on iPad 2,
- iPhone 4 S.
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet,
- HTC Desire phone,
- HTC Wildfire phone,
- Acer Liquid E2 phone,
- Evolio X10 tablet.